1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Carts

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by pasto_guy, Sep 17, 2004.

1. pasto_guy

pasto_guy Member

Can anyone recommend a good plow cart for storage. I have seen the plow dolly, but not too impressed. Any help would be appreciated and prices too, Thanks in advance.

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Pasto
    I bought a set of snowmobile dolly's from Northern tool. This is the first year that I have used them but so far so good. I think I paid 49.00 for a set of three.

Regards Mike

3. festerw

festerw Senior Member

I've got half of a shopping cart, it came with the plow. Works suprisingly well.

4. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

I use the same as flykelly. 5-6 years and still holding up.

5. pasto_guy

pasto_guy Member

I guess I'll check Northern. Are they fairly easy to use when mounting and unmounting?

6. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Pasto
    I have a Curtis Snow Pro 3000.I set two dollys under the blade,and one at the rear of the plow frame. The Curtis has a small foot jack at the rear to lift the blade to the correct mounting height,a piece of cake. It rolls around pretty easy.

Regards Mike

7. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

On the two that go under the blade, I place one on each side just outboard of the quadrant frame and lay a piece of angle stock in the groove (where the ski would ride if you were using themn on a sled) to connect the two dollies. Set the plow just a bit higher than the dollies, slide it under and line it up, then lower plow and finish disconnecting. The angle helps keep the dollies lined up as the blade settles into them. Depending on your plow, you can fashion something from wood and fasten it to the third dolly if needed to support the rear of the frame. On smooth surfaces, the stand it comes with may work fine, as flykelley says.

8. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Go to Menards and get the same snowplow dollys (Tool Shop). They cost about the same and you will save on shipping. Plus, you can see them first hand before you buy them. I use them for all my blades and they work great!

9. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

i just got simple ol' furniture dollys from home depot. i think they were $15 a piece and hold around 1000 pounds. they work great.....

10. plowman350

plowman350 Senior Member

cheap

Call me cheap, but:

1 8ft 2x4
    1 box bolts with nuts
    9 caster wheels.

Works great. Make an 8x8 square with 2 pieces of 2x4. Make another one perpendicular to it underneath. Use a dido saw blade to cut a 1" groove down the center for the cutting edge. Attach 3 caster wheels to each, and roll away!

11. BJH Snow

BJH Snow Senior Member

I used the $50 method of buying 1 2x6x8 and some 2x4x8's and made a frame to fit the exact shape of the snowplow and put casters 4 casters underneath to be able to wheel it around the garage. All I have to do is roll it under the plow with the blade in the up position and slide it underneath, unhook the plow and roll it out of the way. It works great.