1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow cart

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Young Pup, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Has anybody used the quickmount plow cart. Their website is quickmountplowcart.com. I got a price from a dealer yesterday for 199.00. Just curious if any of you have this. Thanks. My main purpose of going to the dealer was to look at salt spreaders and they do not carry the size of western that I was wanting to look at. They have the 1000 series but I think that is to big for me in my second year. I was wanting to look at the 500. Does anybody know the cost of the 500 series>

2. Duplantisjj

Duplantisjj Senior Member

Seems like it would be really easy to build a plow dolly with wood and wheels. Bet you could do it for under $30.....I'm thinking about building one myself. :waving:
  3. Young Pup

Yep that is what my brother and I were thinking then I stumbled upon these yesterday. I agree we could probably do it cheaper.
  4. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

I use one. Its great for moveing the plow around. Only problem is it has no resistance for the truck to push against to help it on the forks ( Hiniker Design). I have to move the plow over to the curb and then drive up to it. O and the wheel brake on the cart is not a great design. Thought I would use it instead of the curb :nono: didnt work. Shaved about an 8th of an 1" of the wheel . :D
  5. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

Young Pup -

I bought a Quick Mount Plow Cart for my Western Ultra Mount plow and I love it. It nice and very maneuverable. There is no problem with hooking up or removing the plow from the truck. I have the Western dolly wheels for my Uni Mounts and I wish I would have known about the Quick Mount Plow Carts back when I purchased those plows.

As for your salter dilemma, you should think about the bigger salter, if you can afford the extra costs. It's better to plan ahead for bigger and better operations down the road. Besides, you give the tax man less when you are investing your money in equipment instead of lining your pockets a little more.

Just my .02¢
  6. Heron Cove PM

Heron Cove PM Senior Member

Check out this old post...

Last edited: Nov 12, 2004
  7. Young Pup

Hey Rick, Thanks. I was moving the plows around on carpet while I was there and it seemed like it would work just fine. I was surprised by the ease of the movement on them.

As for the salter I was thinking of the same thing. Get bigger for down the road. The money thing is not a big issue but was just trying to be smart about it.

I did a search on this before I posted this and read that thread. Thanks for the reply. How are your carts holding up for you?

8. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

9. QMVA, aren't you able to push the plow up to the truck instead of the opposite. I was considering getting one and thought this would be the benefit to having one. :confused:
  10. gpin

gpin Senior Member

DEFINITELY get the bigger salter. You'll get tired of filling the bigger salter fast enough. Good luck this year.
  11. Young Pup

Kloan that looks like it will work. But I am wondering since it is on three separate pieces how will the steering be? Have you tried these out yet? I would be afraid that it would fall off. To me it seems that you might have to put your plow on front two then lower it on to the rear one. But that is a cheaper alternative.

12. unimogr

unimogr Senior Member

Get a slice of 2x6, four 4" steel swiveling casters and bolt it together. I push a 10' Fisher around on one I built and it works fine.
  13. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Yeah you probably should be able to but I cant with my hiniker at least not how it is right now. You see the "foot" that holds the plow up is spaced wrong and you can only lock it down 2 cm above the cart so when I take the plow off the whole back drops 2 cm so it leans the wrong way. Not to mention the the whole thing then leans forward when you take it off. So when you put the plow on you have to push the lights buck up so the "forks" on the mount can you in and then lift the whole thing up 2cm. :angry: Trust me I tried to do it and was litterly starting 10' away and pushing the plow as fast and as hard as I could on the mount and still not getting it. So I gave up and let the truck do the work. Next time though I'm going to put some wood under the foot so that it will stay level.
  14. Get Plowed

Get Plowed Junior Member

I went to Farm and Fleet and bought 4 car dollies. Works great so far and sure beats spending $200 or so on a cart.
  15. Rhinohd

Rhinohd Member

Snowmobile dolly's at Farm and Fleet $32! Mine work great and I can store em on a shelf when I have the plow hooked up!
  16. Young Pup

Thanks for the replys guys. I will check out Farm and Fleet later today or Sunday.