1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow cart

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by indianabc, Oct 28, 2003.

1. indianabc

indianabc Member

I am wanting to build a plow cart for my Boss V-Plow. I did a search and learned that alot of people build their own with just about anything ( a lot of conversation about grocery carts!). My first question is the height? I am planning on welding some angle together with some casters under it. Overall height will be about 6 inches. Will that height change how it comes off of the truck mount? If this seems like a stupid question, keep in mind that I have taken my plow off once, since I just got it last week. I have a Boss Poly V with the quick mount system.

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Indian, I've got a 7.6 boss staright blade. What I did was my buddy works at a school and they were throwing out a bunch of those little wooden scooters that the kids use in gym. I got three of them, one under each shoe and one under the kickstand. Each scooter has 4 wheels underneath it so it's very easy to move around my shop. Might want to try that. Good luck!
  3. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

I use snowmobile dolly's. They come in 3 to a set, 2 with V-grooves in them and one that is flat. I put the V-grooves under the plow blade and then built the edges of the flat dolly up so that the jack of my Westerns won't fall off it. When I bought my first couple sets for my sleds they were about $60 (3-4 years ago), but just in the last week or two I saw them for 25 if I remember right.
  4. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines Senior Member

transporting plows

I found an old Barrel Dolly, (for oil drums??) Not sure what they used to be used for, but I set my 8' meyer on it when not in use . Pull up to it, drop it on, disconnect it and I can wheel it wherever, When I reconnect it, it sits high enough where I can just shimmy it a little to get it back on the truck.
  5. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Bread Mans roller carts will work well.

6. tovoninc

tovoninc Senior Member

I use furniture dollys. I bought them from TSC for $20 each. They work great.
  7. EZSnow

EZSnow Senior Member

With my Uni-Mount, I used a set of aluminum snowmobile dollies. I never took the time to build up the edges of the flat (track) dolly, but the ski dollies with the grooves work real well for holding the cutting edge. I have always used a floor jack to hold up the headgear end. The jack also helps a ton in lining up a uni-mount.
  8. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

Sled dolly for plow

Thanks for the great idea . I ordered 2 sets from Northern for $ 20.00 each set of three . I couldnt even buy the 24 needed casters at that price .
  9. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

Using the sled dolley's is a great idea:D . Now I can put them to use!

Chuck B.
  10. Heron Cove PM

Heron Cove PM Senior Member

I built a couple of these for our Myers. We drop the plow on one side, unhook it and lift it up to sit the mold board down. Rolls around the shop, car port, garage great.One side has swivel casters...