1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow bumper

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by sstample, Apr 21, 2013.

1. sstample

sstample Junior Member

I was wondering if anybody else has made a custom frame or bumper to go with the plow on your truck. I made this setup for my '88 chevy to save some money. I also wanted the ability to use both meyer and fisher plows. Tell me what you think / post some pictures of your own.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. sstample

sstample Junior Member

3. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Links and pics don't work.

4. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

First link works, the last 3 you need to put a colon in after http when you open it

Bumper looks great, kinda makes the headgear not look so alien.

5. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

Nice looking bumper, I did the same thing to my old '94 F-350. Ill see if I can find some pictures.

6. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

Looks heavy But great work!!!

7. sstample

sstample Junior Member

8. 2006Sierra1500

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here ya go

9. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Here's my version for my Meyer Classic Mount
    I have a 2" receiver in the bumper and the pump is mounted to 2" X .250 wall square tube using a 5/8" bolt instead of a pin.
    The lift arm bolts on to a cross bar on the push bar which is 2" X .250 wall DOM tube.
    I made a mount for the lights that uses "2" .250" steel dowel pins to locate and a 3/8" bolt to hold them in place. In the fall the lights don't need to be adjusted which is nice.
    It takes about 10 minutes to pull everything off in the spring and about the same to put it all back on in the fall.

bumper3.jpg

bumper2.jpg

bumper1.jpg

10. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

I like that Buff, looks nice & clean

11. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Thanks, I've built bumpers like this for all my trucks over the years and they're handy when you tag wildlife.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  12. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

Deer: Tag your it :laughing:

I love the look of it tho. Great work

13. 2006Sierra1500

Even though it doesnt have a plow, BUFF, you should show the bumper on your cruise vessel.

14. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

I dunno Buff.......looks like you got a side business just waiting for ya!

15. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Deer, Antelope, Elk, Bear, Wild Turkey, etc....... The key is bumper placement so not to waste meat.:laughing:

The Cruise Vessel's bumper is actually built by Ranchhand out of Texas, http://ranchhand.com/ . A buddy of mine had a 08 and was @$$ packed by a log truck and totaled it. I bought the bumper for $500.00 which was a steal considering I'd have more than that into in materials and powder coat. I did take out a 15# Wild Turkey with it last spring, nothing but feathers…….it was some real life Looney Tune stuff.:nod:

I plan on getting rid of my Meyer plow and going with a Boss 9.2 DXT, I’ll put truck sides on Whitey and the Cruise Vessel (as a backup). I’ve talked to my local Boss dealer and after some quick measurements the frame mount will only need some minor modifications.

I do quite a bit of custom fab work which comes in from referrals and snow/lawn customers. Around the 1st of the year my biggest customer had me do a project for them that ended up being just over $6K in labor plus materials. payup

08 bumper.jpg

16. sstample

sstample Junior Member

Thanks 2006Sierra I couldn't figure out how to post the pictures just the links...

And wow Buff that looks great! I got that steel for nothing out of a demo building at work so I worked with what I had but if I do another I might have to use yours as an example

17. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Scrap is great, I have a couple tons of steel skids/crates that machinery get shipped in. I use that stuff everything; Plow Carts, Spare Tire Carriers, Tool Racks, Benches, Motor Cycle Stands, Gates, etc.....

18. dieselboy01

My '94 before I sold it.
    [​IMG]

19. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

So was the whole truck rusted out?

20. dieselboy01

Both front fenders were bad, floors had some good holes starting, bottom of the tailgate was gone and the rear fenders had some good bubbling/holes. I sold it to a friend, it got a newer box, front fenders and paint. He will be doing floor pans soon.