1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow breaks off while driving!!! Has this happend to you?

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by Snow2Go, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Snow2Go

Snow2Go Senior Member
    from Chi

A buddy has a 2000 Ford, was driving down the road and one of the horns gave out and the whole plow fell off and shot sideways! Has this happend to you? Thats alot of weight on just those 2 horns.
  2. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Did the bolts shear or the parts break? I've seen a trailer complete with hitch fall off, from the wrong grade bolts being used (not my doing). I'm sure that could happen to a plow too.
  3. amilehighplowin

amilehighplowin Junior Member

no..He is talking about the hiniker mount..

The two "horns" are on the mount...they are how the plow connects to the truck mount.

Very unfortunate there.
  4. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

sorry, thanks. I am usually here reading by clicking new posts. I should look closer at the forum category before posting, as I'm not familiar with hiniker's set up.
  5. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

Look about 5 topics down......someone had this happen 3 times i think.....No issues on mine yet....2nd season with it.
  6. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

That's me...were up to 4 now if anyone is keeping track! Really getting old, they pay for the mounts but not any of the damage to the trucks and the plow itself!
    I am starting to think of buying Boss or Western plows!
  7. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Yes I have had this happen to me. I am not sure I would buy a hiniker until they redesign this mount. there is a lot of force in such a small area on these mounts.
  8. exmark1

My dealer claims that Hiniker has "redesigned" the radius of this and changed that and so on but regardless it keeps happening...odd!
    For awhile I was starting to think it was me! But now I am glad that at least it appears to be Hinikers problem
  9. topdj

topdj Senior Member

wonder when they did this redesign?
  10. exmark1

From what I was told its been an ongoing thing as they know it's a problem... doesn't seem to me to be fixed yet! Last year was the last redesign from what I was told
  11. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

oooooo Id be pissed if that happened to me.