1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow & Blower, how do you transport it?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Smitty58, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Smitty58

Smitty58 Senior Member

I will be plowing this winter with my Jeep and I just bought a cub cadet blower. How can I transport the blower around to use on walks with my Jeep? The blower is big, 8hp 26" wide so it's not something I can throw in the back. If I put a hitch hauler on the Jeep will this work? How will and extra 4-500 lbs on back effect my plowing?
  2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

you could do 2 things. get a trailer like you said. just take it off when you are ready to plow. the other option is to get one of those shelves that hooks up to the reciever and keep the blower on that.
  3. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Sounds like the hitch hauler is the best option to me. The extra weight might give you additional traction. If it seems to be too much then just unload it when you get to your job site. If the hitch hauler exceeds your recommended tongue weight then you will have to go with the trailer option. Sounds like you are on the right track! :waving:
  4. ProEnterprises

ProEnterprises Senior Member
    from CT

i would go with the hitch hauler, just be careful when u are backing up!