1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow blade won't go up, but will go side to side

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tim wright, Jan 25, 2004.

1. tim wright

tim wright Junior Member

On my first time out w/ my 92 chevy cheyanne truck w/ a curtis plow. I did six jobs, then the plow stopped going up. Any suggestions would be helpful.:cry:

2. renegade

renegade Junior Member

Tim

We need a little more info in order to pinpoint your troubles. Sounds like it could be electrical....can you hear the hydraulic pump when you engage lift position?

Could also be a low hydraulic level in your reservoir. Have you checked the fluid level?

Let us know!

3. legoconstruct

legoconstruct Junior Member

RENEGADE IS RIGHT WE NEED MORE INFO.
    COULB BE LOOSE CONNECTION, BAD SOLINOID,BAD SEAL
    GET BACK TO US, LET US KNOW HOW YOU MAKE OUT.

4. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Same thing happened to my dad's curtis. He found out it was the solenoid.:waving:

5. kirk

kirk Junior Member
    from ct

if its electric check your ground also on the older units check your fittings if the seal is bad on yor hoses they will suck air good luck

6. tim wright

tim wright Junior Member

Hey thanks for your input Kirk. We're having a hard time finding a Curtis Dealer in Michigan. It seems I had two cracked hoses, too old to repair. Also. two bad oil cooler lines. I have a small oil leak, and was told that they only place I can get parts for that is the dealership. The trans shop replaced the trans. lines which were leaking and changed the oil. It cost around $230. Does that sound about right? We're lucky we didn't burn out the trans., :) we'd be out of business before we even got started:blush 2: Too bad we're gonna miss out on the six inches comin :cry: