1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow blade not tuching the ground

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by bluejeep, Dec 3, 2005.

1. bluejeep

bluejeep Member
    from IL

I have snowbear plow, i just plowed my own driveway and saw that its leaveing snow. I looked on the blade and the drivers side has about a 1/2 inch of a space from the ground and the plow. I untightend the springs but still did not help. the blase is not really worn out.

2. go plow

go plow Senior Member

im not sure about you plow as i only use fisher/ meyers plows on my trucks, but i would say the first thing i would look at are your plow shoe's... one shoe might have more spacers on it ,you might have to remove one or two inable to even it out... if not , and your plow has a lift ram with a chain, check to see if the chain is stoping it from droping all the way down... if its hard for you to tell, what i would do is jack your truck a little bit off the ground, this would do the same thin as if you were plowing uneven surface. then drop the plow and see if it drops below your tires, if it does ,your ok, if it doesnt, i would check that chain ... hope this helps you.... good luck, plow safe!!!!

3. bluejeep

bluejeep Member
    from IL

i thought it was the shoes, i took them of, but i will try yo get better look in the daytime. and the chain has slack in it so that cant be it. thanks for the help!

4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Have you hit anything hard with the blade. You might have bend or twisted it.

5. go plow

go plow Senior Member

good thinking, you might be right, his plow may have been bent!!!!

6. bluejeep

bluejeep Member
    from IL

hmm, i bought it used, i havent hit anything but i will try to see in the morning. thanks guys. also, when i was backing up into my slopy driveway my rear tires hit ice and would spin but my fronts would not, i stayed in the same place. My driveway is on a small slop... but i think that in 4 hi and 4 low they should have atleast been able to push?? am i wrong? are they that weak? It a 93 wrangler 4.0L.

7. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

You have to get out and turn the hubs to lock the front axel. Other wise in 4x4 you just spin the front axel, not the front axel and wheels.

8. daninline

daninline Senior Member

I would check that it's installed right it seems like it's not on right.
    Kind of like the older Fisher plows with 3 mounting holes.

Good luck

9. dgresetar

dgresetar Junior Member

wont drop?

I't may be bent but it sure sounds like a shoe adjustment problem. the way snowbears mount the pivot pin allows some side up and down movment to allow the plow to follow to contour of the ground. even bent it shouldnt effect that. good luck. hope you found the problemm.

10. THREE W

THREE W Senior Member

I believe that your mount is too high off the ground, have a winter wolf (same as snowbear) on a small ranger that does some of my small areas.

With snowbears there is not much room for error, if the mount is to high and the blade drops down the support members for the blade strike the bottom arms and it wont go any lower, see if you can drop your mount down.

Saw one on a lifted truck once, that had custom built brackets to lower it down, you also might have the cross bar on the mount on upside down, consider turning it over, the extra couple of inches can make the difference.
    When I say the cross bar, that is the bar on the mount that has the two rounds sections the blade mounts into and the pins go through.