1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow blade not level

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by ddiskant, Jan 7, 2011.

1. ddiskant

ddiskant Junior Member
    from NJ

Any suggestions on how to remedy plow blade not being level when angled ? It lifts up about an inch and a half to the side I am angled at when the plow is in the down position.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Your plow pushbar is not at the proper height (it sounds like).

When the plow is straight and sitting on the ground, the a-frame should be level. The solution is to either raise or lower the pushbar on your mount to level the A-frame.

If you had this installed you should take it to the dealer and they can correct it.

3. ddiskant

ddiskant Junior Member
    from NJ

Well my Jeep is lifted. If I lower the pushbar on the mount how low on the mount can I go? I mean I know till its level but if I had to can use the two lowest bolt holes?

4. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

You can, by our recommendation, put the pushbar ONE HOLE below the side plates. Anything beyond that and it may require fabrication to support the extra height - it essentially becomes a custom mount.

5. micklock

micklock Senior Member

I have 4" lift with 35" tires on my jeep so I added 6" to the bottom of the push plates, I also added a cross brace above the push bar to help prevent twisting.

6. ddiskant

ddiskant Junior Member
    from NJ

Thanks guys do you have a pic of your modified snow dogg mount?

7. micklock

micklock Senior Member

I used 6.5x6" plate and 1" angle iron, I placed the angle iron as far foward as I could for tire clearence.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

Nice job! Looks like it should work out well, only thing I might do is drop the rear thrust support (from the plow mount to the cross member) down a little also so if you hit anything it wont push back the mount.