1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow blade keeps falling?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by topspd7, Jan 19, 2010.

1. topspd7

topspd7 Junior Member

I have a 1987 Dodge W100 with an underhood set-up and a Meyers 7.5 blade..........the blade slowly drops....last year I bought a new ram piston that was much smaller and still had the same problem.....so I put the original one back on and eventually it stopped dropping.....Is this some kind of bleed issue? My big problem is that I cant seem to find any documentation on this plow.....other that that it works fine it may have a small hyd fluid leak but I'm afraid to do anything to it because I don't have a manual. I would appreciate any help..the truck only has 82k and I just put in a new tranny.........:help:
  2. ppkgmsy

ppkgmsy Member
    from Vermont

. If you tried a new piston and still have the same problem, you could have a leak in your valve control body. I had a similar situation and found a used body for $50 that works great.
  3. nate456789

nate456789 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Before you do that try changing the O rings on the valves.
    I had that issue and went thru and changed the O rings and it works fine now.

Make sure you get good O rings made for Fuels and Chemical use.
    The additives in the Hydro Oils are pretty strong.
  4. topspd7

topspd7 Junior Member

thanks for the help !!!!