1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow blade flag's

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by mach460, Oct 17, 2006.

1. mach460

mach460 Junior Member
    from n/e pa

Where do you guy's buy the flags for the plow
    mine have a bolt through the plow blade that
    hold's them on only dealer around here don't
    have that kind..... oh I am in n/e PA.......
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Are you looking for Blade guides or are you looking for the guides with the flags like western used to use?

For your snoway you can use the regular western whips, only use one hole.

If you can't find anything close to home call us we have mulitible choices.:waving:
  3. mach460

mach460 Junior Member
    from n/e pa

I will look into the western whip's if I have no luck
    I will call you thank's basher.................
  4. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Blade guides for your Sno-Way plow are available through any Sno-Way dealer. Basher would be one of them and IMO does a great job for us. :D

If you need assistance in locating others near you visit our website http://www.snoway.com.

Tom O'Brien
    District Sales Manager
    Sno-Way International Inc.
  5. Northland

Northland Senior Member

Say what you want about Western Plows... But dang they make good Markers... :)
  6. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

Most aito parts stores carry them also.
  7. mach460

mach460 Junior Member
    from n/e pa

Thank's for the info I bought the western flag's like
    basher said work's great, now I need to add fluid
    to the pump and agin I only can find western oil
    can I top it off with that or should I change the
    oil and can I use western oil ?
  8. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

Northland .....

I had to laugh at the pic you have by your name. As a career firefighter I have to tell you that we have always said that policemen are just want-to-be firefighters that can't pass our civil service test.....

Have a good one....

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You need to drain all the old fluid out if you don't know whats in there. Search under draining fluid or changing fluid, there are a number of posts covering this quite well. Then flush and refill with a known fluid. It would be best if you could get true snoway fluid, you can be sure it will not affect o-rings or seals. If not look in your manual they actually list compatible fluid types.
  10. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

I had to laugh at that shirt as well I cut and pasted that picture in a email to my brother who is a die hard fire fighter. He called me and was laughing his a## off. I just had to tell you it is a neat shirt.

Take care
  11. Northland

Northland Senior Member

Ahhh... Firemen...or Window Breaking Basement Savers as we like to call them...

Just kidding. Im a cop and I work close with them... I have a TON of respect for them. We have a friendly rivalry where I'm from. It does irritate me though that they can wear a t-shirt that says Fire Dept on it out to the bar and they get all the praise....but I wear a shirt that say Police on it and I get nothing but grief.... :realmad: