1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow blade edge - rubber, UHMW, poly, Steel?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by MNBobcat, Dec 10, 2012.

1. MNBobcat

MNBobcat Junior Member

Hi Guys,

I have a 1/4 mile long blacktop driveway. Right near the house, I have pavers for my driveway. I'm concerned about marring up the pavers with a plow.

I'm looking to purchase a brand new plow for my skid steer (763 bobcat). I also have a john deer tractor that would accept the skid steer plow as well.

I'm wondering what you would recommend for the blade edge material? Should I be looking at a poly edge?

I'd also be interested in hearing how wide of a plow you would suggest and any particular brand I should look at.

The ability to back drag would be nice.

Thanks!

2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Man, I would keep that skidsteer off those pavers! Get the lightest plow you can with a poly edge. That should reduce chance of damage as much as possible. Use the tractor.