1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow blade clearance

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by saltheump, Nov 18, 2014.

1. saltheump

saltheump Junior Member

I am using Chevy Silverados 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks with snoways and western plows and there is such a low clearance from the cutting edge of the plow to the ground when raised. I spotted a Chevy Silverado with a boss snow plow and the clearance was so much more than my trucks that it makes me wonder if there is something wrong with the company that is installing them. I have the tiberens in all the trucks with plows, any ideas??

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yea, how high up are the edges that you have? And why is this a big deal?

3. saltheump

saltheump Junior Member

Some of the places we plow have such a low clearance getting in and out of we are always scrapping entering or leaving.

4. dieselss

Well sometimes it's gunna happen. Adjust the chain accordingly

5. Robinson_Cnst

Robinson_Cnst Senior Member

Boss plows are not chain lift. Even so mine scrapes one in a while, but I have wings also.

6. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Some property's may require straightening the blade or blades (if a V) to avoid scraping going in and out.

7. dieselss

I know. The op has different plows the ARE chain lift

8. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Crank torsion bars?