1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow banging

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Tom c., Mar 19, 2007.

1. Tom c.

Tom c. Member

Hey guys after I hitta pile and backing up the plow blade bangs pretty hard!! Does that shock absorber on the blade come in a kit and does it help that out much mine didnt come with one. How much does the kit run? Thanks :help:
  2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

what type of plow? if its a v plow, it will bang if you raise your plow while still in the pile. the plow is stuck in the pile, you raise it, but it cant go up, so it pivots at the trip mechanism, then you back out and baaammm. i have learned if i see the plow in the pile and not moving when i go to raise it, i just make sure its off the ground then back out. when the plow is clear of the pile i raise it the rest of the way. hope that helps, even thought it was a confusing explanation. :)

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hey, if you are running a straight blade and you lay it flat when you go to stack your snow just back up really slow and the plow will return without banging. I have heard good and bad things about that shock abosrber. They work and they don't.? I wouldn't know I run a
    8'2'' vee plow. Hope this helps

4. Tom c.

Tom c. Member

Yea I got a straight blade 7'6 and when it trips and I back up it bangs pretty hard I found a kit on the Boss website and am definately gonna look into it before next season. I was just wondering if any of you guys had any feedback on it or am I wasting my money it seems like a good idea. I also tried backing up slow and it doesnt bang as bad. Thanks for the help :salute:
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Tom, your 7.6 must be a standard duty blade. If it was a super duty style blade then it'd already have the shock absorber. The shock kit from Boss is a good kit, well worth the money and will make the blade return alot smoother after it trip's .
  6. Tom c.

Tom c. Member

Thanks for the info guys will definately get the shock kit. Just wanted your 02. thanks Tom