1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow attachment for Skid Steer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by long0, Mar 7, 2003.

1. long0

long0 Senior Member

I have a neighbor who is looking at attaching an old meyer plow to his skid steer. It is a bobcat, but I am not sure what the number is. It seems fairly small to me. Anyway, he asked if I would look into some type of an attachment for him.

I found this on e-bay, but I am unsure if it is built tough enough.

I know, the meyer plow is not built tough enough either, but that is what this guy has. Are there better systems out there, other systems?

2. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

There are plenty of companies that make plows for skid steers & loaders specifically. There are a couple of threads going in the commercial plowing forum right now about exactly your post. I believe someone mentioned this E-bay item, and others mentioned they fabbed their own set ups. Check those out. I'd use that item if I didn't have the abilities\tools to fab something similar.
  3. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

we built a skidsteer plow this year. unfortunately, i'm not sure where the plate was from.

a meyer lift bar was welded to a universal quick attach frame, with the old meyer pin setup on the bottom.

we had a 1990 8.5 blade laying around and bolted it to the quick frame. Then purchase hydraulic hoses and couplers and hook into the skidsteer. The plow works great and was very cheap to build.

I'll try to get some pictures and post them.

FIREDUDE26 Member

I am making one up now, i seen that one on ebay also. I know i wont have it done intime for this year but it will be good next. Not really hard to do, just need a plate and some tubing. and time. which i cant find much of that.:drinkup:
  5. Newnamlawn

Newnamlawn Junior Member

hey guys, as far as the hydro's go, how do you hook them up. by that i mean do you use the quick connect for left and right movement and the skidsteer's lift for lifting, or what? This is the only thing that has got me in a bind right now is how to do all that. Thanks

FIREDUDE26 Member

yes you can, use your hydro lines to move side it side and lift with boom.
  7. PAGE2004

PAGE2004 Senior Member

8. Plow

Plows work good but if you have 1 1/2 foot sides to make it more like a box it will work excellent. I run a "true" dozer blade with no trip spings. Breaks up hard packed ice and get right down to blacktop very easily.... Even with no trip springs the dozer blade works seamlessly.....

Here is a very short video of my dozer blade in action......

I will get some better footage this week of the dozer blade in action.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2006
  9. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Hey i got the same program for the vids.Looks great ...
  10. ALEX516

ALEX516 Senior Member

dozer blade

What happens when you hit a manhole or other "unexpected" obsticle?

I was debating between a dozer blade, a retrofitted plow, and a home made welded special.
  11. drmiller100

drmiller100 Senior Member
    from idaho

when you hit something, you stop.

just like when you are pushing with a bucket.