1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow attached to a Backhoe Arm!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by creativedesigns, Jan 14, 2008.

1. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

I have never seen anything like this yet!!! I wonder how well it works:confused::dizzy:

2. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

I'll bet it would be GREAT!!! to bagdrag resi's!!!!!!!
  3. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

not that it was for plowing snow, but I used to work for an excavation company locally and we had a "dozer" blad on a CAT225.... It worked AWESOME cleaning up cranberry bogs.. but man, I bet you'd need to be careful backdraggin with that thing...you can put some serious pressure down on a driveway with that...
  4. ch973934

ch973934 Senior Member

I've seen that before...I just can't remember where???

Would work good for those resi backdrags...and tight spots in parking lots like around dumpsters and carraige islands, etc...

5. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

first time i have seen that, cool
  6. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Shue it would work for drives. But it would take to long to do them since you would need to back in, drop your out riggers, reach out to pull in 3 to 4 times depending on drive width, stop pick up outriggers. Get turned around. back drag a bit to be able to get behind the snow you have aready pulled down the drive. then push the snow up into yard.

All these steps with out gouging the drive way!!. I would assume this machine has some special use. Maybe loading docks or something.

7. Runner

Runner Senior Member

There WAS someone on here that had pics of a backhoe that had a salt spreader on it. As I remember, thy were able to tilt it to load. The wrist was bent all the way back when the spreader set level.
  8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

That was the inventor of snow. :dizzy:
  9. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

Could see something like that being used to pull piles off of lawn areas and onto pavement to be scooped up with the bucket and removed. Seems very unpractcal dragging it on the pavement.
  10. lamarbur

lamarbur Senior Member

we used that also,.just a little smaller, to reach under guard rails to clean out between them