1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow articulation

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Greenery, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Greenery

Greenery 2000 Club Member

How much up and down articultion do you guys feel is acceptable on your plow before it is worn enough to need repair or replacement? Meaning when your plow is raised somewhat and level you grab one end and lift and then push down. How much movement is acceptable? I know on my Hiniker some of the A frame holes are getting a little sloppy.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

On the older Fishers the holes would oval out but it never needed and fixing on it. My Boss v plow flops a little and that's because the springs are a little loose.
  3. breadoflife

breadoflife Member

i think as long as its performance isnt affected much if at all, i wouldnt worry about it
  4. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

What kind of plow is it?
  5. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

if it stays on when lifted its good to go.....:laughing:
  6. Deco

Deco Senior Member

try to tighten the main bolt on sector . if it's oblonged , forgettabout it .
  7. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

Acceptable??? My old western must go up & down at least 6 - 8 ". prsport:drinkup: It provides better plow contact on uneven lots.. Plus with it raised going down the hiway you can wave at people by giving the wheel a little bump.
  8. overtime

overtime Senior Member

Nice like that waving at people. Mine always don't that also never worried. Have a 7 6 boss
  9. 2low4nh

2low4nh Member
    from NH

its an easy fix if you know how to weld. just drill out a plate weld over the hole. or cut out and weld in a new plate.