1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow application

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by captdevo, Nov 27, 2001.

1. captdevo

captdevo PlowSite.com Sponsor

being from New Orleans, La. i'm very new to snow plowing.

i would like any info on lightweight, quality plows for my Jeep.

I've got a 1992 Jeep Wrangler 4.0l, 5spd.

i am not looking to go full blown commercial, just do a few drives in my neighborhood.

what would be a nice unit for my Jeep.

Should i invest in heavier springs for the front end?

Will it require any major modifications?

thanks for any input.
    Dave

2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I would suggest a snoway plow. They are lightweight and offer down pressure to improve scraping. Talk to Alan on this site or go to snoways webpage for more info.

3. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Second vote for snow-way ( and I don't even own one :) ).

4. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Me neither. There are lighter homeowner plows that do not have the power angling and other features you will wish you had. Spend a little more for a full package.

The other lightweight plow is a Meyer. Very old company. Good Hydraulics IMO but some question the sturdiness of the blade and frame.

5. BOSS Adam

BOSS Adam Senior Member

Make that 3 votes snoway :D

Adam

6. captdevo

captdevo PlowSite.com Sponsor

thanks for the replies.

i went to sno-way website, that looks like a nice lightweight plow.

i don't have the time or schedule to plow for extra income, just help out some of my elderly neighbors when it gets too deep and be comfortable while doing so.

i've been using one of my 4-wheelers, a Ramrod mini-skid or open skid steer the past few years......the thrill is gone.

any idea on the price of the 6' Predator series 18 personal plows?

7. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

I'm sure others here know the answer but a sales rep for snow-way named bryan posts here sometimes and he should be able to help you out when he see's this. Maybe you could do a search for him and send him a PM?