1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow angling problems.

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by snowconcepts, Nov 29, 2006.

1. snowconcepts

snowconcepts Member

I put my plow on the other day and when i angle it all the way left or right it sticks if i have some push on it a little it goes back the other way. I have a newer E60 pump on it and cant figure out what is going on any suggestions?
  2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Start with checking your quick connects on your angling hoses. When the plow is stuck, try disconnecting your hoses. If they can not be done easily by hand then they need to be replaced. Common problem as the opposing check ball springs get weak.
  3. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

When the plow gets stuck from left to right always suspect the one of the couplers is bad.....Rob
  4. somm

somm Senior Member

Great thread Snow, this was noticed tonight on ours too. Our E60's in similar condition.
    Great posts Rob and Lawn. Thank You.
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It could be a bad coupler, or it could be a worn center pivot. When the center pivot wears meyer units will do that. They over-cam and hang up when angled. if the coupler check out OK, weld a 1/2 " stop on either side so the unit doen't angle quite as far.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

could just be the seals sticking .my plow does that the first time i use it every year

7. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Ok lets rule out if its a plow or a pump prob. Mount the plow disconnect the lines from the pump and connect the lines together. Lift the blade and get out and try to angle the blade by hand. This will at least tell you if it is able to move. A big clue that a coupler is going bad, if it is hard to plug in or unplug, it is prob bad and replace them in pairs....Rob
  8. snowconcepts

snowconcepts Member

I called Meyers Snow Plows today and the tech said that it was a bad coupleror bad c valve, or angling to far. I asked him about the center pivot pin and he said i should not have to woory about that. After i got off phone with him i tried it again and when i angle all the way to left it works fine but when i angle all the way to right i cant angle back to left unless someone pushes on it. I am still stumped as why this is doing it. I was going to replace rams thinking they might be bent and he said plow would not angle at all. So do i have a bent A-frame or Sector maybe. I am confused and going out of my mind. Any body know anything else i could try or look for?
  9. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

When you get it to hang up go out and try to unplug the couplers. Are they hard or inpossible to unplug????
  10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I'd bet dollars to donuts that it's over angling! Happens alot on the Meyer blades after they get some age on them. Either your center pivot bolt hole is worn or it's a combination of a little wear in all the cylinder and sector pivot bolt's. When you get a situation were it gets stuck at full angle and all it takes to make it move is a little push I guarantee it's over angling. Here's an easy way to verify the problem.Take a 2X4 block of wood and tape it to the angle stop on the A-frame.If it work's fine then that's whats wrong.It's an easy fix...if the center pivot bolt and hole check's out good....simply weld a small 3/4in thick block of steel on the angle stop on the A-frame. Meyer actually recommend's doing this exact same thing on some new plow install's!