1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Angling Left Only Again

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by wsmm, Jan 20, 2009.

1. wsmm

wsmm Member

My meyers plow (E47) is once again acting up. Second time this year that it started angliong left only. Happened just as I finished plowing. Will need to see if I can figure out why. Lst time pulled Ramcharger in my brother's heated garage, mine isn't. Let it set while it and we warmed up. Checked coul tested good, pulled and re-installed valve and it started working fine. Also blew the hose to the left cylinder last storm. Getting time for a new rig and unit I think, getting too old for the agveration. Might even switch brands.

Open for any suggstions as to eliminating this or as to what might be causing it.

Thanks,
    Bill

2. Doom & Gloom

Doom & Gloom Senior Member

A friend of mine just had that problem the other day and turned out to be a bad ground. Regrounded the E47 and all is well now.

3. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

Angling left is the default with none of the solenoids working. Could be frozen up, could be electrical. Here's the manual... http://www.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/1-562%20R16.pdf

IMHO, hoses (and couplers) are cheap from a place like Angelos. Replace them all and keep the old ones for spares. They also offer a rebuild service for pumps, $100 + parts. Spending a few hundred to get your plow back in shape is a lot cheaper than a new plow.

4. wsmm

wsmm Member

Clarification

I should have stated that the plow goes up and down fine. Also angles to the left just fine. Will not angle to the right, when I hit the swtch to go right, it just goes further to the left.

Thanks,
    Bill

5. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

check your wires . they sound crossed some where .

6. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

Look at page 28 of the manual and go through the trouble shooting flow chart.