1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow angling issues

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by fishunt, Feb 10, 2010.

1. fishunt

fishunt Junior Member

while plowing the last few nights, i've noticed a hesitation in my plow angling?
    Only when down and pushing, not in the up position? motor turns but no response
    from the plow, then after a second or two she'll move. Its a straight blade, about 5
    years old, fluids changed every other year.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Probably a loose wire connection at the angle coil or a dirty bumper plug. Time for some cleaning and checking.

3. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

more info on this bumper plug please? I was actually about to make a post about this same problem, just started in the last storm

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

"Bumper plug"...as in the multi pin plug at the bumper. Keeping it clean, free of ice/water and properly greased is important to reliable plow functions.

5. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

lol, that makes sense. just checked mine and 2 of the pins rotted off :mad: I have done my best to keep it clean and greased, my only beef with boss is the connectors even the joystick one sucks

6. fishunt

fishunt Junior Member

Thanks B&B. You were right on! I pulled the cover off the front, cleaned every connection/terminal, and the plow works great.