1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow angles right quickly slow left

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by vortec5.7, Nov 9, 2010.

Tags:
  1. vortec5.7

vortec5.7 Member

again i have problems with my plow even before the season starts :realmad: it is a mm 1 sehp it will angle right quickly and up and down fine but angling left is very slow sometimes i have to put it in reverse and have the blade down to get it to angle left i replaced the poppet valve and cleaned the cartridges, fluid is new left piston is new also packing seals in right piston are new also any input would help otherwise im goin to the dealer to fix it :help:

2. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

you may want to check the pivot pin to make sure its not bent and also make sure your safety chain is not hanging in the way when angled if you have a safety on yours

3. vortec5.7

vortec5.7 Member

it is neither of thoes problems im lost cleaned and re seated the check valves

4. vortec5.7

vortec5.7 Member

alrite guys an update after tightening the packing nut it moves at a respectable rate sounds like theres air in it tho so i will crack the lines tomorrow

5. vortec5.7

vortec5.7 Member

the plow works great except at full right angle it does not want to move until i pull on the blade a little. and it seems like the blade drifts way to much so besides the cross over relief valve what could cause this? should i replace the valve since resetting it didnt stop it from drifting