1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Angles Left by itself.

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Cuzawhy, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Cuzawhy

Cuzawhy Junior Member

Intermittent problem on my Snowdogg MD75 on F150. On occasion the plow blade will swing full left without any input from the control. The pump will whine and not shut off. It will still go up and down and right but when I release the button it goes back to full left with pump on. I have to get out and unplug the pump connector to get the pump to shut off, and when I plug it back in the problem is usually gone. Usually happens when I am pushing a heavy load to the right side of the plow or hit a snow bank with the right side. Any ideas ?

2. micklock

micklock Senior Member

My first guess would be the controller or the pumps solenoid is sticking

3. Cuzawhy

Cuzawhy Junior Member

Thanks for the input, the odd thing is I am not touching the controller when it happens - seem to happen when the plow blade gets jolted on the right side and then all of a sudden the pump comes on and it goes full left without touching the controller.

4. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

If I remember correctly, the default action is left. So if you have a faulty solenoid that closes a connection when jostled just right, the blade would turn left. I would replace the solenoid as it is cheap enough.. Just my .02!

5. JSutter101

JSutter101 Member

I had the same issue. It was the solenoid. The contacts inside arched and welded themselves together. I'm pretty sure it was my fault with a bad ground. Replace the solenoid and check and test all the connections.

6. Cuzawhy

Cuzawhy Junior Member

Thank you both for your input, I will try that this weekend. It will be great if it is a simple solenoid and not some expensive part inside the box. Thanks Again !!!

7. TheHammer

TheHammer Junior Member

Use Zip ties to Hold your plug connection tight together. I had the same issue with it going left without input from the control. After checking for wire corrosion low fluid and Solenoids my brother walked up and noticed the plug was loose. never had a problem since.