1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Angle

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by bilgoat, Jan 17, 2009.

1. bilgoat

bilgoat Junior Member

I have a 2005 GMC YUKON XL 3/4 ton. I put a level kit and a new severe duty fan clutch. This took care of the over heating at high speeds. Thanks to the information I gained from this site.

Now I am tripping a lot. My plow is a Boss super duty strait blade. What is the proper plow angle. And how do I determine that.

Thanks for any advice.

2. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

i know nothing about boss plows but to the best of my knowledge, regardless of what brand plow you have the A-frame is supposed to be level with the ground when on a flat surface. it could just be that your springs aren't tight enough. see if you can get the specs on them from boss and check them. i'm sure others on here will have better opinions and advice for you, good luck :)

3. bilgoat

bilgoat Junior Member

Thank you for the advice

4. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

no problem :)

it's wonderful being in a place where so many people willingly help each other out. i'm sorry i didn't join sooner. stay warm and happy plowingussmileyflag

5. bilgoat

bilgoat Junior Member

I agree. And no luck on staying warm but still having fun plowing.