1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow angle

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cameron2171, Mar 8, 2010.

1. cameron2171

cameron2171 Senior Member

When you are just driving around with ur plow on from house to house which way do u angle your plow, do u angle it so it is in towards you on the drivers side or the other way ? just wondering

oh yea i forgot to add i angle it in towards me

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  2. DScapes

DScapes Member

i like mine straight, i can put it lower to the ground... if anything a tad towards the drivers side, just gotta be ready with the controls if you see a dip in the road or deep pot holes, or driving down a hill the plow could get caught up sitting that low :laughing::laughing::drinkup:

3. cameron2171

ohh i see yea i put mine a tad to the drivers side too it seems like i have more clearance so i dont hit any thing

4. .5racer

.5racer Senior Member

up and angled to the right . I do a lot of highway driveing ,,,between lots ,, dont want to catch the side burm from county and get sucked into the ditch , plus it gets my end rods out front so other drivers can see and me as well ,,,,,, jmw (just my way ) lol

5. cameron2171

yea i hear ya, thats a good idea

6. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Je&us H Ch%^$* NOT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!:popcorn::drinkup::popcorn::drinkup:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  7. cameron2171

what?? lol

8. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

This topic is not only beaten to death it's starting to ROT. 69 posts on this topic last month. :dizzy:

9. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

I keep it straight when going from house to house, but I live on and island so going over the bridge I have to angle to left,

10. cameron2171

i have honestly never seen a post on this i thought i was the first

11. ajslands

No your about the 100th but no worries, you learn by asking questions

12. cameron2171

haha sry guys if i would have known i wouldnt have asked, i thought i was the first cus i cant picture any one else actually asking that

13. ajslands

I would tell you to use the search button, but then mjd would yell at me so iam not gonna tell you to use the search button

14. cameron2171

lol im new to ps this winter so im stil learning

15. ajslands

Food like everybody on here is still learning, you can't know everything, unless your name is b&b :mechanic: but I haven't seen him in a while so idk I hope he's ok

16. cameron2171

haha this site is awsome so glad i found it

17. micklock

micklock Senior Member

I angle it sometimes and run it straight sometimes, but since I started lifting the blade when just driving around I noticed my cutting edges last a lot longer.:mechanic:

18. BJH Snow

BJH Snow Senior Member

I angled mine towards the drivers side and low to the ground. It seemed my truck won't over heat when I have it at that angle. I just picked up a new vee plow so I don't know about that one yet.

19. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

If angled to my side it seems to keep the road spray off my side of the windshield, but quick to the control if I see a low spot ahead...nothing funnier then when I see the guys whipping into a parking lot or something blasting the corner of their plow off the pavement. I dont have 100 years experience but I bet thats not good for the plow, plus I'd feel like a dummy

20. Tosa93F250

Tosa93F250 Member

I usually keep it straight when I'm driving straight. If turning I to angle it opposite of my turn to give me a little more clearance with the cars or light poles. My plow uses an under hood pump so it can get quite tricky to do this mid turn since because too much gas makes the pump go to fast and the pressure relief system starts tripping and makes the angle stop working.