1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Angle Wont Hold

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by joderek, Jan 4, 2011.

1. joderek

joderek Junior Member
    from ma.

I have a Curtis mounted on a Chevy 2500 HD with a 6" lift. Plow worked great until this past storm. First the plow would not stay at the angle I set it for, the weight of the snow would push it all the way angled. I checked the fluid level, (fine). I read in other posts about a crossover adjustment but cant find detailed instructions on how to set it. The plow is 3 years old always stored indoors and only done a few driveways, like brand new. The other issue I had was the solenoid burnt out. The plow all togther stopped working and when I looked at the solenoid it was overheated on the plow terminal side. Looked like it was over amping. I replaced it with a solenoid from Napa and working now. Please help before Fridays storm. Thanks:mechanic:
  2. Bison

Bison Member

I melted a solenoid because the connection had started to come loose, it generated alot of heat and melted. When that happened the plow got very sloppy until the solenoid finally quit. Once I replaced it everything was okay again.Can you test it pushing against a snowpile now that your first problems fixed?
  3. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

Give me a call and i can help you with the cross port relief.1-800-343-7676 ex3042