1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow angle on lifted F250

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by MosesR, Dec 28, 2010.

1. MosesR

MosesR Junior Member

I would like to put a leveling kit on my 99 F250 regular cab. The rear sits 4.5 inches higher than the front and I want to add 3 inches to the front for better appearance. A add a leaf leveling kit would also add support to hold up the plow. My question is would the plow angle off and cause problems? I heard that it may cause it to trip too easily.

2. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

From what I understand, YES, you are correct. the A-frame should sit parallel to the ground as possible.
  3. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

Yeh it can cause it to trip more easily, cause the cutting edge to ware out sooner, and if you hit something can act as a polevault.
  4. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

the amount of lift on the truck makes no difference as long as the plow "A" frame sits level.
    you will need to make a set of drop brackets to lower the plow attachment point on the truck, and maybe a set of gusset braces to stiffen the lower mount.
    there is a guy here in town that plows with a blazer that is lifted 12 inches and runs 40 inch tires. it plows fine now that i helped him get the plow angle set properly.
  5. MosesR

MosesR Junior Member

That is partly the reason I want to lift the truck, the plow bracket sits so low that I am afraid I will bottom out on rough ground (first truck with a plow, personal use). I also use it for hauling firewood, hay, checking on cattle, etc. Here in the Ozarks, one can’t drive more than five feet without an elevation change. I suppose if I left the Meyer bracket on the truck alone and added the “drop” (or rise in this case) to the “A” frame that would work. We don’t get a lot of snow around here but when we do I can be very hard to get in and out. The plow won’t get a lot of hrs on it, I just want it to last a very long time.

Thanks for all of the advice!:salute:
  6. MosesR

MosesR Junior Member

By the way, I measured the clearance of the plow bracket on the truck. It is 7.5 inches from the ground with an empty bed. Here is the leveling kit that I want to use. It is a 3' "Max Lift"

7. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

in the summer, i take the drop brackets and lower plow mount off my 88. the only thing i leave on is the top mount. i leave the frame brackets on, and remove the 4 bolts that hold the lower plow attachment point.
  8. sikkradd

sikkradd Junior Member

I have a 99 F-250 with a 4 inch suspension lift on 35's, and a Meyer 8 ft plow, didnt notice it tripping anymore without drop brackets but it caused the plow blade to sit unlevel when angled, and didnt scrape to the ground, i found some scrap 3x5x3/8 angle at work and welded it right to the bottom of the frame and it makes the a frame level. Plow stays flat while angled and does a prefect job again. Had everything powdercoated this year looks factory fresh and works great now.
  9. MosesR

MosesR Junior Member

Thanks for the info. This makes me feel better about lifting the truck. I guess I will have to wait and see what happens with the angle issue.