1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow and sander stolen in mass

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by redsoxfan, Dec 2, 2012.

1. redsoxfan

redsoxfan Senior Member

Hey not sure where to post this but if your from mass auburn area be on the look out for people stealing plows. Friends 2010 ford 450 was stolen yesterday from his business . They took the plow a extreme v 9.5 ft off it and an older air flo sander out of it then set the truck on fire in sterling ma. Just thought I'd give guys the heads up who live in central ma
  2. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

Ill keep an eye on craigs list up here in nh. got any pics?
  3. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

ill keep my eyes out! seems like theres alot of that going around
  4. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Oh sh!t thats one town over
  5. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

6. redsoxfan

redsoxfan Senior Member

It's a stainless steel with two LEDs attached to the back by the motor. Thanks for looking out guys
  7. Sweetride

Sweetride Junior Member

i posted it on our racing/bullshiting forum. we have a ton of guys from the area on it. hopefully they can find it
  8. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

i just saw a 9.5 extreme v on craigslist today......it was out in worcester mass. had pics too. said he had more equipment to list too.
  9. subydude

subydude Junior Member
    from RI

..... more stolen equipment
  10. Willman940

Willman940 Senior Member

who would do this is beyond me. hope he or the dealer has serial numbers, something to track it.
  11. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

I had no clue till just now its was Matt's truck. I'll be on the look out for the plow and sander for sure. Anyone with info can call Auburn, MA Police or Bell Lawn & Garden Center in Auburn, MA.
  12. bmales11

bmales11 Junior Member

If you have numbers and see something familiar on the one posted familiar on the one in RI im in the area and will take a look for you
  13. Jim74

Jim74 Member

Make sure he calls the local fisher and air flo dealers, good chance they'll need some wiring or parts. I'd bring a nail gun to every Craigslist add.
  14. oshkosh619

oshkosh619 Senior Member

I'll definately keep an eye out... I live in Sterling.
    If they took it in Auburn and dumped it in Sterling, my guess is the maggots are from this area, maybe even Sterling or Clinton. Any idea where in Sterling they dumped and burned it?
  15. snopushin ford

snopushin ford Senior Member
    from mass

I am one town over from sterling. Are there any pic of truck with the sander and plow to see what it looks like? Those people who did this should be burned, bogus
  16. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

The fact that they burned the truck suggests that this was probably done by someone who wants to eliminate the competition. If you're just going for the plow itself, you don't burn the truck because that increases the attention. This attack means that they're trying to take you out of business for the season.
  17. f250harvest

f250harvest Member
    from CT

Tis the season to be Robbing.. That sucks..Hope your friends insurance takes care of it.. I made sure my truck and all my equipment is insured on my policy and valued higher that expected so if anything ever does get stolen, ill be covered plus get a little extra for my troubles..
  18. redsoxfan

redsoxfan Senior Member

Think they dumped it right off 190 ill try to get pics. Necn did a story on it last night they're on camera.
  19. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I dont think burning one truck of hundreds if not thousands in the area gives you much of a competitive advantage. Especially a truck, plow, and sander that can easily be replaced before the end of the week.

Insurance scam is more likely than mafia style competition elimination

<<Not saying this guys buddy is trying to collect the insurance>>
  20. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i did see it on necn u have to have some balls or be on drugs to do that i hope they catch them no one likes to see that happen to anyone