1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow and motor identification

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by louisdepre, Jan 2, 2014.

1. louisdepre

louisdepre Junior Member
    from indiana

I picked up this truck that came with a plow. Could anyone help me identify it. It had zero decals and numbers that I can see.

http://imgur.com/a/Ayusl

2. alcoman50

alcoman50 Senior Member

its a western pump and truck side. I am sure others will have more detail.

3. louisdepre

louisdepre Junior Member
    from indiana

My issues is the centuries controls are bad as is one of the tilt cams. I'm trying to find out a model or something so I can wire a up/down switch (which is all I need) I can manually turn the plow if needed

4. alcoman50

alcoman50 Senior Member

that plow is all cable op. Meaning there is a cable that engages the up down and angling valves. Not to over simplify but is like a throttle cable on a lawn mower. You move the lever it pulls or pushes a cable that moves a control. On the drivers side of the pump as you are looking at it. The one with the hex shaped cover is for angling and the one closer to the lift ram is for up and down.

5. louisdepre

louisdepre Junior Member
    from indiana

So there isn't a way to use a switch? I'll need to buy a new joystick?

6. chevboy167

chevboy167 Member

Hello. No electric switch setup possible. All controled by manual joystick and cables. [​IMG]

7. louisdepre

louisdepre Junior Member
    from indiana

I guess its coming off and i'll use a winch. Cheaper than the joysticks. Thanks.