1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow alignment

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by redplowman, Oct 30, 2008.

1. redplowman

redplowman Member

I have a RT3 Power-V 9'2 boss plow. I had the center section replaced on a warrenty claim. Since I received the plow back it has been a bear mounting the plow to the truck. I believe the plow sets higher now, than it did, were the pins slide into the mount. I measured the hole in the mount on the truck and it measured at 15.5". the pins that hook on the bottom of the mount also measures at 15". I believe the plow should set lower but not sure how to make that happen. I would greatly appreciate any advise with this problem.

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What is your measurement from here to the ground?

[​IMG]

And from here to the ground?

[​IMG]

4. redplowman

redplowman Member

B&B,

The top picture measurment is approx. 15"

The bottom picture measurment is approx. 12.5-13"

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

There's your problem. The plow is slightly too high or the mount is slightly too low. You need those two measurements to be within a certain range of one another for it to attach/detach easily. You need the plow pins to be no more than about 1"-1 1/4" higher than the "top" of the bottom hook on the mount. If it's too high on the plow side when you drive into the plow and attempt to attach it, it won't pivot enough for the light tower to power up and lock into place.

6. redplowman

redplowman Member

Thanks for the info B&B, so do you know if the bumper stop on the plow will adjust the plow frame in a downward motion to meet the requirments. The truck mount is at 15.5" so I believe it's fine. I'm not having much luck with Boss's website finding the adjustment instructions yet.

Wild Bill, for some reason I can't pull up that link.

7. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

8. redplowman

redplowman Member

Thanks Wild Bill, that will help me get this thing adjusted!!

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

After you make whatever adjustments necessary be sure to recheck that the cutting edges set flat on the ground in all wing positions.

10. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 Senior Member

guys, my push frame measures at 16.5... and im on the lowest holes. what are my options to get my v to lay flat in all positions

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes 16.5" is slighly too high. Only option is to continue to lower the pushbeam...which will take some custom fabrication.

12. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 Senior Member

im all set with that... i will leave it be. plowed all year fine with it,,
    thanks tho

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it's not laying flat on the ground expect accelerated wear on the edges. :salute: