1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow advice

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by -Iron Mike-, Oct 26, 2008.

1. -Iron Mike-

-Iron Mike- Member

I'm buying a new '08 Honda Rubicon (Canadian Trail Edition) 500 this week and need a plow set-up.....debating the pros and cons of a winch or manual system for snow removal. Driveways and sidewalks only, no commercial stuff.

Tips?:salute:

2. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

youll need a winch if you get stuck so i say 3000# is the way to go.

3. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

This has been discussed many times, its personall preferance. I had the manual lift and it was too much of a pain for me, many say you can plow faster with it, but I like using a winch alot better

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I have a Warn 2500lb winch on my 2004 Arctic Cat 500 4x4 and there is no way I would het a hand lift. My winch had a hard time picking up my plow somtimes when the snow is realy heavy. Get a Warn 2500lb or 3000lb winch you will be much hapeir.

5. RLTimbs

RLTimbs Member

I'd get a winch.

That way its easy when you plow.

But not only that.. you can also pull yourself out of mud when you go riding :)

I get stuck alot when I go riding.

6. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Deffinetly great for mudding, I usually only pull others out lol just kidding I pulled myself out a few times