1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Advice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by getsum, Oct 7, 2011.

1. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

Ok i recently picked 4 large gas stations and am looking to upgrade to a larger truck and plow... problem is I'm hung up on which plow to get.. I'm going to buy the truck around the plow. I'm deciding between the 8611lp the western and blizzard 8-10 or the boss 9.2 with wings.. problem is there is quite a bit of back dragging, carrying snow good distances and small car wash areas to clean out... Thats why im thinking the western or blizzard... If you could chime in with your experience and advice it would be greatly appreciated guys.

PS iv plowed these before off and on for the contractor who had them before with my 1500 with a 7.6 meyer. avg time was 40-50 min with traffic. So this is NOT new to me

2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Well, back dragging with the Boss will require the smart lock cylinders or whatever they are called. Same old, same old. Who is best dealer support?

3. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

Well thats hard to say... the western dealer is run out of a chevy dealership 20 min north of me. the blizzard is run out of an auto body shop about 40 min south of me and the boss is run out of a car dealer next door to western. the blizzard dealer seems pretty stand up. a boss dealer poped up about 15 min south of me out of eastern truck and equipment last year but they liquidated there spreaders this summer and havent seen any sign of life sense so i really dont have much to choose from :dizzy