1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Advice for my Dodge Ram 1500

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by nightwalks, Jul 25, 2012.

1. nightwalks

nightwalks Member

Hello everyone, haven't been in here in a while.....hope everyone is doing well....I just picked up a 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab 4X4 and want to know what plow would work best without beating it up bad....I only have a small driveway and a neighbor or twos to do. I am not crazy about the poly plows, but any suggestions would be helpful.

I am certain I will have to add some sort of spring or suspension booster as it only has coils over struts and I am sure it's gonna need some help. Anyone?

2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Snowdogg MD 75 or 80. One of the best half-ton plows on the market. Kind of quirky, but once you get the hang of it most people say they're the best for this application.

3. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I run a fisher 7 1/2' hd on mine. Works just fine. Technically its too much for my truck but it doesn't seem to wear the front end too bad and the truck doesn't sag more than an inch or two.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

5. nightwalks

nightwalks Member

Thanks guys Ill check them all out....always did like the Fishers best, just thought they were a bit heavy.....

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Do a Boss 7.6.

7. 1 bad bolt

1 bad bolt Member

i have boss 7'6 standard duty. what ever plow you end up with i would invest in some timbren's

8. nightwalks

nightwalks Member

I actually got a Fisher SD 7.6 and some timbrens.....should be ok....if not, I'll do some suspension enhancements.....

9. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Excelent choice!

10. nightwalks

nightwalks Member

Thanks, I think so.....I know everyone has their favorites, Fisher has always been mine....and couldn't turn down the price....:)

11. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

How about some pics?

12. nightwalks

nightwalks Member

Will do....gonna repaint the plow and headgear, and get the mounts on (expected tomorrow) and a few truck-side parts then pics for sure....gonna seem strange, haven't plowed with a half-ton truck since my '85 GMC K-1500.....a whole different truck and a whole lot sturdier.....always had 3/4 tons, but couldn't turn down the deal on this one....

13. nalegtx

nalegtx Senior Member

i plow with a ram 250 and am actually thinking of picking up a Dakota or 1/2 ton if the price is right, much easier in the driveways...i only have 7 drives. But i agree with the guys above...I am a big fan of the SnowDogg plow...almost got one. Great bang for your buck! And deff look into some suspension aids. either timbrens or check our Carli Suspension or Kore suspension for lifts/shocks

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I'd start researching what available.

15. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice choice on the Fisher, they are nice solid plows!

16. nightwalks

nightwalks Member

I very much agree....always have been.