1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow advice f150/dealers in area

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Snowblaster, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Snowblaster

Snowblaster Junior Member
    from MN

have a couple older (some will say ancient) f150's. 91 & 96...i'd like to get one plow, with mounts for both trucks so the plow could be interchangeable. i'm new to plows and am a bit confused on compatibility.

couple of questions i have is this scenario possible?

is the "plow controller" and "lighting harness" compatible or would i need different harnesses for each vehicle?

if the plow is a "complete" package...would all i need is the specific mount for my vehicle? or would the mounts on the actual plow need to be different as well?

i'm also looking for some dealers in the area that you would recommend. i'm in the west metro.

2. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

Had you gone to a manufacturers website you would have been able to find the answer to your question. I used Western's. The mounts and wiring will not be the same. The 91 has HB1 headlights and the 96 has HB5's.

Regardless wiring harnesses are not quick plug in's where if your 91 went down, it would take you quite some time to swap the harness to the 96.
  3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

i think i understand your q? one plow 2 tks yes its doable. you would need 2 tk frames, 2 wiring harnesses
    you would need a different headlight adaptor for each tk. you could get away with one controller,

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Find a BOSS dealer in your area and git-r-done! wesport

You will need 2 truck side packages and 1 plow. :drinkup:
  5. Snowblaster

Snowblaster Junior Member
    from MN

thanks for the help fellas. appreciate it! found a place close by that sells and installs, so gonna go see them tomorrow.

so what would I be looking at for a used 7.5' installed. I know it depends on plenty of factors...but it appears most this size have been advertised around 1500$/w/controls and mounts...give or take...w/o installation.