1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow adjustment

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Grizzleyadam, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Grizzleyadam

Grizzleyadam Junior Member

Is there an adjustment to raise the plow a bit quicker. I have adjusted the down but cannot figure out how to adjust the raise if you can. This is on a VX85.

2. nicks_xj

nicks_xj Senior Member

I don't think you can adjust the up speed just the drop speed

3. Turf Z

Turf Z Senior Member

Ours is a bit slow going up as well... It dips the battery on our 2500hd quite a bit lifting so I'm thinking a bigger alternator would do it. Gotta remember this plow weighs almost a grand if i recall.

4. Grizzleyadam

I have a 2013 Ram 2500. Does not dip my battery but I think your right. It is a heavy plow. I love it. 2 complaints. The reservoir does not hold enough to have everything extended and up is a bit slow for my liking. Rather small complaints considering. I really like it in every other way.

5. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Speed is a by product of volume not pressure. The only way is to increase the cc per revolution of the pump and that is a bigger pump set up.

6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I originally had this "complaint" as well when I bought my VX95 three years ago. I don't even notice it anymore and honestly it lifts plenty fast. A few things I realized:

-Its a damn heavy plow
    -It has a lot of snow in front of it
    -It has a 2" lift piston, most other plows have a 1 1/2" requiring more fluid to lift
    -Its really not that slow to lift when you compare it with other plows.

My Ram used to dim the lights as well, it was an 04 and the voltage was regulated by the computer. My thoughts on it were that the computer was slow to react to the voltage drop to kick in the charge. My 02 F350 doesn't dim a bit, but also has 2 batteries.

7. plowguy43

Is yours an XP? I'm considering trading mine in, if its a VX mine can be extended all the way forward and lifted without issue. Just extend out and add a little more fluid.

If its an XP, can you let me know how you like it and the type of properties you plow?

8. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

plowguy43 with the type of plowing you do on forclosed properties after the storm I think you are better off staying with the vee. I had a blizzard 810 and went from parking lots when I lived in CT to doing driveways since I moved to ME and I'm glad I have the vee now. The XP will shine in a parking lot, but not so much busting through the pile at the end of a driveway. Just my 2 cents.
    Ray

9. plowguy43

Yeah that is my one issue, this past storm I needed to use V a few times due to the ice underneath. Anytime I got a good amount of snow in front of the blade during the first pass, the truck would get pushed sideways with it angled (straight mode). The only difference is the XP would be 8' vs 9'6" wide if I pulled the wings in.

10. Grizzleyadam

My main problem on my VX is the reservoir fill is a little more then 3/4 of the way up but on the front side so it angles forward a bit. But it leaves about a 1/2 inch of space in the reservoir without fluid in it. I understand that space is needed so you don't over pressure it. I also put a pressure relief cap on so I don't have that problem. However there is not quite enough fluid in the reservoir even when theoretically full to not pull air and slow down when plow is all the way up and in full scoop. It gets real slow when sucking fluid and air out at full extension. Bigger reservoir needed or an extension to the current one needed.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014