1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow adapters?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by magneto259, Mar 1, 2013.

1. magneto259

magneto259 Senior Member

I found a meyer plow setup on craigslist. I'm wanting to put it on my 97 F350 but the mount for it came off of a 97 f250. I have a 94 f250 with a meyer and comparing the brackets they look way different. Do they sell adapters to make it work for my truck or would I need a whole new bracket to bolt to my frame?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  2. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

What is the dimension of your frame width vs the sellers frame width? I would venture a guess that both the 97 250 and the 97 350 would be similar. Assuming they are both 4 wheel drives.
  3. magneto259

magneto259 Senior Member

Well I would imagine it would be close too but it looks totally different. I used meyers ez match thing and it said no go and by the looks of the mount its for a light duty f250 and that wont fit a f350. My f350 is a straight axle and the plow came off of a twin traction beam axle. Thanks for the reply!
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If it came off a 250LD and you have the HD no it will not fit. It could also be tolight a blade for the truck you have. I would look for a heavier duty plow and one at least 8" long.
  5. magneto259

magneto259 Senior Member

Hmmmmmm....well I guess thats the problem then. I looked on the meyer site and any plow listed for my 97 f350 is at least 8 foot wide.
    Thanks for the help guys!