1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow activates itself

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 4x4bug, Jan 20, 2011.

1. 4x4bug

4x4bug Junior Member
    from mass

I have mm1 strade blade. Plow was working fine yesterday.I hooked it back to the truck,98 GMC Siera. As soon as I plugged it in it turned to one side and the motor won't stop unless I unplug power lead.Need help please..

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

your solenoid is sticking on. more than likely a bad connection at the battery. if the cables move at all they are loose.

3. 4x4bug

4x4bug Junior Member
    from mass

plow problem

changed soleniod and all cables,including truck side plugs.Plow has two relays under hood in fisher harness.Does any one know if those run just the lights or plow too?

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

the relays are for the lights. if the motor is still sticking on try running it until it sticks and then unplug the control and see if it stops running. if it does the control is sticking.

5. 4x4bug

4x4bug Junior Member
    from mass

plow fixed

thanks for the help. the fishstick was bad..Bought new one,works fine.Thanks again...