1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow accessories I thought that were interesting

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by SnowPlower4lf, Feb 19, 2008.

1. SnowPlower4lf

SnowPlower4lf Junior Member

2. Redneck

Redneck Senior Member

I think I might look into one of these for next season, I seem to be hard on the edges of my blade

3. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Those look like a great idea! Cutting edges might last longer then 4 storms with those.

4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

thoes should work good,they cost a the same as 2 cutting edges... if you want to save some $$$$ go to a scrap yard and get the 4' sections of used carbide cutting edges that the DOT uses and cut one in half and bolt them on

5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

they work real well. they are built like tanks.a little expensive, but save your blade.

6. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

jay your buying your cutting edges for $40? I paid $86 or something for mine this year. What do you use to cut the carbide leftovers from the town and how high are they when tossed?

7. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

I have seen them at ALPCO. It's a love hate thing when I go to the scrap yard. Some people throw out the best stuff!;) I'm sure if you get in good with some one at your local Town DPW, you may be able to get them before they go to scrap. I use a cutoff saw for all my metal work. A demolition saw (as in used for brick work) with a metal blade will work too.