1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Abuse!!!!!! Plow Abuse!!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Big Nate's Plowing, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

Goodlord it is amazing what you find in some peoples pumps.. here is some pics from a pump I tore down yesterday, the first one is of the strainer in the base of the e-47.... there was approx 1/8" of gunk trapped on the outside.
    [​IMG]
    obviously this unit was used hard and put away wet but the more disturbing thing was in the bottom of the sump....
    [​IMG]
    yes your seeing right, almost ½" of black sludge on the bottom and the cap to a bottle of plow oil.

Please do yourself a favor and avoid problems this winter by simply draining/flushing the hydraulic system on your plow and if it is acting weird change the fluid ASAP if you continue to run a unit that is full of sludge/debris it will only make problems worse.... once the filter plugs up and the pump starves for fluid you are causing the pump to run dry,running a dry pump = damage... damage = $$$ if anyone has any questions just post them on this thread and I will try my best to answer them

Nate~

Last edited: Nov 30, 2004
  2. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

That looks like the gas tank of a chainsaw I just bought off of ebay. Its amazing what people will put these things through....Rob

3. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

A lot of people knock them but,,, those Meyer plows seem awful durable to me....

4. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

Not far off from how mine looked, but like I said, I inherited that plow with my truck. How is mine coming anyway Nate?

5. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

how often do you reccommend draining and putting fluid in the pump? once a year?

like drain at end of season, and fill it up at the begining?

6. Wild Lake

Wild Lake Junior Member

Big Nate,
    I have a question for you. What would you do if you ordered and payed $135 for a set of timbrens, but a month goes by and the seller hasn't sent the parts, nor will he respond to your emails or return your phone calls? What would you do in this situation?
    Josh
    (410)-241-2531 or Elroy3183@aol.com

7. Hey Smart guy,
    Look at all the last posts from Nate about the timbrens deal. Wake up and smell the roses because he's already posted the problems with them. NOT HIS FAULT> Learn to read.

:nono:

8. Wild Lake

Wild Lake Junior Member

Hey Brown-noser,
    Its nice that he has time to play here on Plowsite but no time to shoot me an email explaining the problem with the parts I ordered. I emailed him several times and left phone messages as well, with absolutley no response in the last three weeks. Besides that, when I ordered the timbrens, Nate told me he had two sets in stock, which obviously went to someone else. I don't have time to seach all over this board to find out what kind of problems "Nate" is having. It's his responsiblity to contact me if a problem occurs and in not should atleast respond to my attempts at contacting him.

Nobody ask you anyway, so mind your own business and go stick your head back up Nate's #ss.

9. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

This isnt the wright place for this. Take it elsewhere..Rob

10. Wild Lake

Wild Lake Junior Member

I had no intention of bringing this problem here until I was left with no other choice. This whole problem originated through Plowsite when he made his offer for timbrens. I just want Nate to stop ducking me and give me a refund so that I can purchase elsewhere. This is between Nate and myself. I simply chose to post publicly on his thread in order to catch his attention, which obviously didn't work.

Josh
    (410) 241-2531

11. Big Nate's Plowing

you have the cash back, go order somewhere else

refund.gif

Last edited: Nov 30, 2004
  12. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

I concur. If your problem originated from this site then you have the right to address it on this site. Good luck.

13. Big Nate's Plowing

dont you have a blizzard plow to play with?

14. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Wow, what a business man. Do you treat your plow customers with the same respect.

15. Wild Lake

Wild Lake Junior Member

Hey Nate,
    Good to finally hear from you. Sorry you're having this problem with suppliers but don't make me out to be the bad guy. I just needed parts and was getting the major run around. I hope everything gets squared away for you with this whole mess you're going through and that 20 feet of snow falls on Ohio this winter. Thanks for the refund and best of luck to you.
    Thanks,
    Josh

16. Bolts Indus.

Kind of thought I could draw him out.

17. Big Nate's Plowing

Mike (TS)

hey your pump is done and just waiting for you to pick it up

18. Bolts Indus.

SL :redbounce purplebou :yow!: LLLLLRRRRRP.

19. madfabber

madfabber Junior Member
    from maine

still no apology? what an ass.

yea im a new guy , make fun of me i dont care.

20. Bolts Indus.

Just talked to Nate and he ensures me he will address all your orders in the very near time frame. Give him a day, please.