1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ploblem with snow dogg md

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by ZachXSmith, Dec 4, 2009.

1. ZachXSmith

ZachXSmith Senior Member

installed the snow dogg md on my 09 silverado 1500 and as soon as i plug it in if angles hard left and motor keeps running.
    any idea?

2. leepotter

leepotter Senior Member

Maybe a stuck button on the controller? Unplug the controller and plug the plow in, if it angles with the controller undone that rules that out.

3. ZachXSmith

ZachXSmith Senior Member

Has to be wiring i presume?

4. ZachXSmith

ZachXSmith Senior Member

no one can help me out here? any snow dogg rep around?

5. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

Have you tried unplugging the controller like the other poster asked? If so what happened? If not we can't help until we know!

If the plow doesn't do anything than it's in the controller, if it does than it is mostly likely in the plow wiring.

If it is in the plow wiring check your manual's diagram, pull the pump cover off and see what is not connected properly.

If it is in the controller try pushing the buttons (see if any feel stuck) and then try it out again. If it does it again go get another controller from the dealer under warranty.

I'm guessing Scott from Snowdogg is home for the day but he might chime in. Leave a message on their tech support and they'll call back when they are in.

6. ZachXSmith

ZachXSmith Senior Member

Had a wire switched around and figured her out.. Thanks anyways

7. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

glad you sorted it out. Can ask which wires? that would be helpful in case someone else has this problem.

Scott

8. ZachXSmith

ZachXSmith Senior Member

Yes I can share............. It was hooked up like option 2 shows you for automatic lights without a toggle switch, we could not figure out what we did wrong so we ended up just hooking it up like option 1 stated with the lighted switch and it worked great. So all I can say is option 2 is not the way to go.

awesome quality product.
    I was going with the western HTS and I did not like the fact shoes were extra and so was the plastic or rubber snow deflector. Snow dogg md came with both and saved me over 1200.00. Im a snowdogger for life
    Thanks