1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ploblem w/ snow ex

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by plowboy22, Jan 23, 2008.

1. plowboy22

plowboy22 Junior Member
    from ohio

Was spreading salt tuesday morning got most of the lots done and the auger stop running but the control box said that the auger was working and it was not . The spinner ,vibator work but the auger does not so i thought that i burnt up the electric motor so i bought a new one hooked it up and it still didn't work ,found a flated ground wire that fed into the ground side of the auger motor fixed that and still nothing didn't know if maybe you guys had a idea or not thanks. oh forgot this is a vee-pro 8000

2. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

my old one was acting up like this too and was in the plug where the spreader plugs into the truck. I used the repair pigtail, that they do not reccommend you use but it worked fine.In fact the guy I sold it to is still using it this way. I think they just want you to spend moremoney and buy the whole harness. That may just be your problem.

3. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

had this problem before. Called snow ex technician. He had me put new dielectic grease on the connectors, worked like a charm. Make sure the connectors arent corroded either. Hope this helps

4. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

check all grounds use sandpaper if needed clean all connections with a wire cleaner ..... sold at most auto parts stores. then use dielectrical grease. good luck

5. plowboy22

plowboy22 Junior Member
    from ohio

snowex 8000

It was in the pigtail where the spreader harness and the truck side comes in sprayed electric cleaner in it and put in new grease works fine now thanks guys.:)