1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Please use the search function.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JMR, Jan 26, 2005.

1. JMR

JMR Senior Member

This is a great site. Lots of good people, info and advise. But here is my gripe.
    I keep seeing new threads on old topics. Don't get me wrong there are a number of good new threads started, but someone is constantly starting a new thread about a subject that was discussed to death 1 - 2 years ago and sometimes longer. Using the search function will often get you the information you are in search of. Maybe I am wrong here, but I hope I'm not the only one noticing this.

2. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

3. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

All new members should have to watch that! :nod:

4. JMR

JMR Senior Member

This should be required viewing for all site members.

5. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

No, you are not the only one. It also seems that there sure are alot of smart***** on here now that are very quick to be opinionated and quite rude at the drop of a hat, that seem to know it all and very quick to let you know it. There also seems to be a race as to who can get the most posts on here in the shortest amount of time. Doesn't seem to be the same site as it was last year and the year before. Whole new breed of cat. I doubt that alot of them will be in the business very long with their attitudes. I guess that alot of the old guy's are either not on here anymore, or are holding their tongue's, as I don't see alot of posts from some of the senior guys that used to be of help in the past. I hope that what happened to The Old Farmers Almanac forum doesn't happen here because of the unattended juveniles that overwhelmed that site. Nothing wrong with teenagers, we were all one once, it's just the attitude of some of them. Just my opinion for what it is worth, opinions are just like ass****, everybody has one.

6. wstwind

wstwind Senior Member

i left this forum about a year ago for some of the same reasons. i have seen posts in the last month that i saw a year ago. looks like nothing has changed. :( :( :( :(

7. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

This topic has also been beat to death on this site and Lawnsite. I don't see nothing wrong with asking the same questions again, especially if its been a year or two. Many new members have joined since then and that leads to new ideas and views points. If i don't like a topic or am sick of it, I can skip it and read something else. Just my .02

8. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

If it wasn't for asking the same old questions there wouldn't be any posts at all.99% are all basically the same topics. Unless you like the threads such as, WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?Who cares?

9. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

I agree and disagree...

I agree on the part that if no one asked the same questions from long ago, that there would be nothing to talk to. We can't let it fade.

I disagree on the music. Never bothers me to answer it. :p

10. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Who cares what you think? If you don't like it, don't read it. If you don't like this site, go somewhere else. :gunsfiring:

11. spacolee

spacolee Member
    from canada

I am new to this site and I wish I had a site like this when I strarted plowing It would have saved me sometime learning the hard way. I think this is a great site,and recommend it to anyone 20 years plowing or to the person just thinking about plowing.