1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Please tell me if you think i can plow with this truck

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by 1982atm, Feb 7, 2012.

1. 1982atm

1982atm Senior Member
    from indy

will it be to tall?????2003 Ford 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel Crewcab automatic 4x4 Lariat. Truck has 151,000 miles on it. Has a lot of extras on it.4inch lift kit new 18inch wheels and tires 2 months ago. Put new brakes on, new ball joints. new batteries. Truck runs and drives really good would drive it anywhere. Has a ts performance six position chip, 4 inch exhaust, and cold air intake.Body is in very good condition no rust also has new front shocks on it.

he says the tires are 35" with a 4" lift.... will it be to tall for my 8'2" boss vxt

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  2. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Not sure if the height is an issue, but with a crew cab, it might be a little difficult doing residential driveways.

Good for really big lots...... but driveways would be a pita due to the length of the truck.

3. 1982atm

1982atm Senior Member
    from indy

how do i resize that photo lol...... didnt want it to be so big
    I do all commercial lots like banks and hotels no driveways

4. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

What PIC ?:confused:

I didn't get to see one.

5. 1982atm

1982atm Senior Member
    from indy

here we go lets see if this works
    the guy im buying it from says the bottom of the bumper the actual metal not the plastic lip .... is 18" 1/2" off the ground

new f250jpeg.jpg

new f250 frontjpeg.jpg

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

That's an estimating truck for me!

7. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

I always thought you used a Geo Metro.....

That truck is sweet though! I think you would be able to make the boss work, it would be just a matter of dropping the mount down so that it sits level to the ground.

8. weckel5984

weckel5984 Member

i have 1999 f350 diesel with the biggest factory lift like that one and have a boss plow on it. you just need to adjust the bracket.

9. 1982atm

1982atm Senior Member
    from indy

its not a factory lift ...... its a 4" lift with 35" tires..... bottom of the metal bumper is 18 1/2" off the ground

10. weckel5984

weckel5984 Member

ford makes a factory lift that high i believe. the bottom of the doors to my truck are mid hip for me and im 5'8".

11. RepoMan1968

RepoMan1968 Senior Member

Inspection Registration and Insurance ? good to go .

12. 1982atm

1982atm Senior Member
    from indy

so its not to high????? i have not bought it so no insurance yet .... and here in indiana no inspection required

13. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Ford did not have a factory lift unless your truck has some package from another company that upfits brand new trucks and is allowed to sell them as new.

You should be fine with your boss, if anything you'll just need custom brackets made. I had brackets made when I lifted my 2500hd and I know of other guys who have had them made for lifted dodges. If done right you'll have no problems in strength with the mount.

14. weckel5984

weckel5984 Member

the super off road package has a higher lift than a standard 4x4 package. i have both.

15. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

You'd be better off forwarding me the guys number so I can buy it...but if you insist...That's the exact same truck that I plow with, only you have the better engine. Mine also has a 4" lift w/ 305's on 16" rims. I run a 9' 2" vxt w/ wings. It's by far my most favorite truck to plow with. My plow sits a bit high, but doesn't cause me any problems...any higher I would have no choice but to lower the plow carriage. I can just barely make it through most drive thru banks w/ a few of inches on each side of my mirrors.

My mistake...I thought that was a 1 ton.

16. weckel5984

weckel5984 Member

also if your going to be plowing with it i would get some different wheels since the salt is going to destroy those!

17. 1982atm

1982atm Senior Member
    from indy

ya i'm replacing my 01 ccsb srw f350 lariet white ext tan int, that i just totaled ...... really want a f350

18. tuna

tuna Senior Member

I have never heard of a super offroad package

19. RepoMan1968

RepoMan1968 Senior Member

he means, run clear over a volkswagon jetta package lift kit :eek:

20. weckel5984

weckel5984 Member

haha. anti smart car kit