1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

please suggest a led white backup light for me

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Aveerainc, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Aveerainc

Aveerainc Senior Member
    from NH

Please recommend a white led I can temporarily mount to the back of my jeep ( I'll wire it and built the mount) so i can see while reversing at night. I'd like to temporarily mount it to my tire mounted bike rack which gives me about 10" ( wide) to play with. Which light do you recommend?

2. Shaung

Shaung Junior Member

Do you salt? If so, how about having the light on constantly so you can make sure your salt etc is coming out. This was my thinking.....so I am very interested in your responses.

3. Aveerainc

Aveerainc Senior Member
    from NH

No salter, and I'll wire it up to come on when i shift into reverse.

4. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

How much you wanna spend?

5. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

I have my lights mounted to my spreader and I use a 7 pin trailer plug to power them when in reverse. I also have it wired through the accesory wire on the plow to a switch on the dash for a salt light. These are both done through relays

6. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Theres an app for that

7. Shaung

Shaung Junior Member

Great ideas! Thanks. I don't know anything about relays but I can find someone who does:help:

8. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

Very easy to do. Ill help you if you want

9. Aveerainc

Aveerainc Senior Member
    from NH

Not a ton...I only plow my 700' driveway but visibility stinks when backing up at night

10. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

Are you married?

11. H&HPropertyMait

H&HPropertyMait Senior Member

12. Grassman09

13. Aveerainc

Aveerainc Senior Member
    from NH

14. Grassman09

They do. They have a few different versions with more leds brighter. You get a complete harness relay fuse switch and waterproof connector to the lamps. They wont kill your battery either if you turn the engine off and leave the lights on. I also read they have a built in micro processor that senses if they are getting hot and will dim them slightly to avoid overheating.

Here are a few vids.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdl1HW0_vfU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f89saxnf6VQ&feature=fvwrel

15. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

I have soundoff 1400's and its the best money I ever spent. Lights things up like day. I also wired them up to come on in reverse

16. H&HPropertyMait

H&HPropertyMait Senior Member

They are 1300 lumen, yet you claim they'll blow the 1400 lumen sound offs out of the water, not buying it one bit. And they're more expensive.
    I'll stick with Michigan made products that are high quality.