1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Please review my contract

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ceaman, Jan 24, 2002.

1. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

I have used information I found in several forums to design what I feel is the perfect contract for my buisiness. I am about to send it to the attorney for his revisions but I wanted to ask a few of you to review what I have and ask for any sugestions and opinions. please tear it apart and help me put it back together....

thanks for all the help.

Attached Files:

2. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

one of the things we also put in our contracts is that if we have to take the customer to court or collection the customer is responsible for all related fees. Also that deposits are not cash refundable, company credit only less any monies or expenses already incured or paid out by our company.
  3. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

I would add the following:

Ground maintainace reserves the right to remove snow, if needed.

Similar verbage gives me a little piece of mind on all my contracts. If snow removal services are needed, I will be the one doing the work.

Hey we take our chances with mother nature, sometimes we get snow, sometimes we don't. But when the mother storm comes, at least you know, you will get paid handsomely for it. Not someone else.

CGB ;)
  4. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

I have made a few changes to the contract to the format and also cleaned up the wording a bit. Thank you to the people who gave there opinions... but i have a hard time believing that it was downloaded 108 times and only two people had a comment.

I would post it again when the lawyer got done with it but I am sure that everyone would just tout something like "should join SIMA" and get mad. I would love to join SIMA. I even asked if anyone would want to "refer me" with no response. But I havent made $160 profit this winter.
  5. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I think I would change "importance" to "priority" in your first paragraph, but if it were me, I don't think I'd use you last line at all there. You've already stated that you are offering regularly scheduled service, you might set some people off by telling them they are more or less important than your other customers.

You used the word "boarding" in a couple spots where I think you meant "bordering"

You have this thing copywrited?
  6. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

Thanks for your input. I made those changes. No, it isnt copyrighted why should it be?

Here is the latest copy of what I have. If you shrink it down a couple of points it will all fit on the back of one page... I only enlarged it for the ease of proofreading. Is it ready for the atty. yet?

Attached Files:

7. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

My copywrite comment was made in jest:D
    I think some might want to use it as a foundation for their own

Looks like you've covered all the bases, I'm sure an attorney will want to tweak it here or there.
  8. fredd357

fredd357 Junior Member

ceaman, I think that the contract looks good, you have thought it out pretty well. I bet the lawyer will just put in a few legalese for your area.

Good luck and let us know what the lawyer thought.

9. RB

RB Senior Member

It sounded like it covered everything. Did it sound too long to anyone else? I liked it, but it make me think my agreements are inadequate. I'll try to figure out how to make mine available.

10. RB

RB Senior Member

My Contract - please review mine too

What am I missing?

Attached Files:

11. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I'd say you're missing a contract.:D

Your file is a blank page to me. Anyone else see it?
  12. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

I see it, took a few seconds to load though.
  13. BOSS Adam

BOSS Adam Senior Member

It worked fine for me :D
  14. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

My computer must have stalled the first time, got it this time though.

RB, it's tough to comment without seeing your addendums as well.
  15. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Pelican is right, we need to see the addendums, that's where the fun stuff is that the customer will be paying lots of attention to. ;)

I will add that that must be a really small Wendy's (ignore me if you just threw random numbers into it for the sake of a number LOL). Also, I don't think any lot is worth $50.00 if you are Holding the customer Harmless for any claims (many customers will require this, so sometimes the contractor has to take on this liability). That is unless you are in an area that plows once or twice or more a week every season, in which case the volume of sales will probably cover the added insurance costs? Make sure you let your insurance company know you have offered that because it will probably change your premiums, adding to your costs, making that $50.00 NET you even less.