1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Please reply if have any info

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by S & L LawnCare, Jan 26, 2005.

1. S & L LawnCare

S & L LawnCare Member

OK i have a 2001 F250XLT OK and it has the lock and unlock hub for 4x4 OK here is my prob when it is in 4x2 it turns fine drives like a dream but when i put it in 4x4 it is like when i turn it like jolts but as soon as i straighten out it it fine could it be because it is light in the back do all of them do it please reply as soon as possible

Sean,

2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

That is sort of normal to a point. When the front tires turn the outside tire is turning on a larger radius than the inside tire. So, the inside tire is not turning as much. What happens is this tire wants to turn just as much as the outside tire. It tends to slip which is where you get the jerking feel. It is also one of the reasons that your turning radius in 4x4 is not as good as it is in 4x2. Another thing that could be causing trouble is you could possibly need to replace some of the universal joints in the front end. As long as it isn't making clanking and grinding noises you should be in good shape. Is this your first 4x4 vehicle, or the first with manual hubs?

3. S & L LawnCare

S & L LawnCare Member

yes it is my first truck with the hubs and there is no grinding

4. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

Thats normal , you are on dry pavement when that happens , take it out of 4wd . You can break u joints or transfer cases by running 4wd when there is too much traction under the truck.