1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Please help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by tphawk09, Dec 7, 2009.

1. tphawk09

tphawk09 Member

Hve a western plow was working great today then suddenly would not raise it moves left and right but will not raise any help would be great thanks i think its a unimount no cables its electric thanks

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

bad connection at the grill connector likely. have someone raise it and wiggle the 9 pin connection.

3. tphawk09

tphawk09 Member

hi thanks ive tried every thing if icross the studs on the sylinoid i here the moter run but no movement im new to westeren i can lift the ram up and down by hand is that normal????

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

yes and no. has air in it likely.

5. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Or he is a strong person....There might be very little fluid as well.........

6. tphawk09

tphawk09 Member

but why wont the moter work only woks when i go left and right it was working fine but stopped all of a sudden tried wiggling wires theres nothing when i mive the joystick to lift no noise on the moter either but i move left ot right it works great any other ideas thanks again

7. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

It takes more force to raise a plow then it does to angle it. Do you have another controller kicking around that you can try?

8. twinman326

Did you try wiggling the wires close to were truck harness connects to the plow harness?

I had a problem similar to your, and I had a broken wire (actually a broken pin) which is #4 inside the connector (truck side) it's a light blue wire. The S3 coil control the left angle, and raise.

Here is a PDF..check out pg 48, and 49
    http://www.westernplows.com/pdfs/21936_121704.pdf

9. tphawk09

tphawk09 Member

when i bought it he said controler was new is there any way to test the up and down to bypass switch to rule it out thanks again guys we have about 6 in snow in ontario and still have 4 laneways to do thanks for all your hlp

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

Have you tested the #4 pin as Twinman has suggested??

11. tphawk09

tphawk09 Member

hi what is the best way to test it sorry for all the questions but im trin to follow diagrams but getting lost im asuming it must be electrical cause everything works fin but the raise its almost like its stuck in float position as i can manually lift the cylinder with ease thanks again

12. RepoMan207

from Maine

really.......That aint good. does your pump look like this?

tytyttt.jpg

tytyttt.jpg

13. tphawk09

tphawk09 Member

yes it moves left and right fine i hear motor but when i put it to raise there is nothing no moter no clicking of sylinoide nothing thanks again

14. RepoMan207

from Maine

I'm thinking you have bigger issues, but you NEED to run through the steps!

Take the cover off the mnifold. Make sure that the S3 cartridge has the connector seated properly over the spade terminal.

cart.jpg

cart.jpg

15. RepoMan207

from Maine

If it's still a no go, you'll need to follow the directions on these pages as Twinman already suggested.

control test.jpg

Control Harness Test.jpg

control test.jpg

Control Harness Test.jpg

16. twinman326

Repo, how did you down load the pictures..I was trying to, but couldn't do it..

That why I sent him the link....

Use a test light or a volt meter..to see if there is voltage to the coil..I believe u can use a screw driver hold it to the (say s3) valve, have someone move the controller. If the valve is working, the screw driver will stick to the valve (magnetism) If not you have a electrical problem

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  17. RepoMan207

from Maine

I think it all depends on which Adobe version you have. Look for the diskette...

Once you down load it, there is also a "Snap Shot" tool as well which makes things pretty easy.

Untitled.jpg

ree.jpg

Untitled.jpg

ree.jpg

18. tphawk09

tphawk09 Member

hey guys its the controler man they want 369 plus tax do u know where i can get one cheeper in canada or even a used one thanks

19. RepoMan207

from Maine

I have a new one I'll sell you for $275....not sure how the whole shipping thing is going to work out though.

20. twinman326

Repo
    I never new that ...Thanks for the info..Learn something everyday..

So, tphawk think he might need a controller....I guess he did the test and everything pass, except the controller?