1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Please Help!!!

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by YPLLLC, Sep 10, 2009.

1. YPLLLC

YPLLLC Senior Member

Ok so I need to go out and bid out a job, but it is bigger than normal for my company. I want to put 2 trucks on this one but not sure if that is enough or to many. The picture below shows the layout it is 15 acres, or at least the property is. I am thinking it will take 2 trucks 4 hours, no hand shoveling, and not sure on salt amount, we use bagged and I though 30 bags or 1500 pounds?? Anyone who can give some assistance I would appreciate it.

Attached Files:

2. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Looks like a LOADER w/14 or 16 foot box and 3 trucks and maybe a skid with a push/pull to me and a LOT more then 1500 lbs. Something based on your equipment list in signature you shouldn't mess with to keep a good name unless you plan on subbing it out?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  3. JCPM

JCPM Senior Member
    from CT

I agree. That's out of your league right now. You shouldn't even be judging salt usage on a property that size in bags.

4. YPLLLC

YPLLLC Senior Member

ok thanks for the help guys, I will pass it on to a buddy for bidding who has a lot bigger equipment

5. JCPM

JCPM Senior Member
    from CT

No problem. Personally I think that doing smaller office buildings, churches, restaurants...etc are bigger money makers for those of us with smaller equipment. I took on some bigger jobs like that in the past and it turned out to be a bigger headache than it was worth.

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That place is huge. Good move passing right now.

7. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

He left a "0" off of his initial salting number he'll be glad passing it on...I would pass it on for 10% to your buddy!