1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

please help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Jay brown, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

thanks for the help.......western unimount (apx 2000 model) it raises fine the first time and lowers fine then if you try to raise it again it's very very slow and will not hold....if you wait about 30 seconds it will raise and lower fine and then it goes back to very very slow and not hold......tower style silenoid (under hood) was replaced tonight (old one was not good) and i drained the fluid and cleaned the filter and replaced fluid with new exact same fluid.....thanks o almost forgot the angle works fine all the time...

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Will it "hold" when it does raise fast/normal? Or does it leak down every time whether it raises normal or not?

3. Jay brown

B and B........it holds fine the first(normal) time

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it only leaks down when it raises slow, then it sounds like a sticking/contaminated check valve in the S1 valve. Pull the valve out and clean/check it. Make sure the blade is on the ground before you loosen the valve... May need to just go ahead and replace the valve.

The S1 is the right hand valve of the top two valves in the manifold (closest to the pump housing).

5. Jay brown

pulled it out and the spring thing seemed to move freely, i'll order a new one.....thanks

6. Jay brown

thanks for the help BB, put the new valve in tonight "2 way valve" and it worked. the new valve had a screen over the valve whereas the old one was open. only problem i had was during testing it out it stuck wide open up one time while i was raising it. never did it againg after about 10 more attempts....any thoughts?

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I've had a couple do that before...once they're stroked a few time and get some fluid through the spool they work fine though...

Except on some of the aftermarket stuff...have had them not work right out of the pack many times.Wont go there though.. ;)