1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

please help

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by zohhhsix, Feb 11, 2007.

1. zohhhsix

zohhhsix Junior Member

I just bought a diesel truck last week and try to start this morning and it wont start. This is my first diesel truck and not sure if i need to do anything special to start in cold weather. Its a 1998 GMC 3500.. Thanks
  2. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

I am assuming it just started doing this?Did you let the glow plugs heat up a few times?Do you have a block plug to keep it warm?Also post this in the make of your truck forum you will get a quicker response.

3. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

when you put the key in turn it on but not to start, you need to let the glow pluggs warm, there should be an indicator light on the cluster, when it goes oout try to start it... the other thing you can do is see if it has a block heater and plugg it in at night
  4. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

I beat you to it mike.LOL
  5. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

lol i tried !!!! :p